Job interviews…no two are alike.
What should you know and how should you prepare?
Five things you should know in order to prepare for an interview.
1. Know as much about the company as you can prior to the interview. It is very important to know what the company “does” so you can ask intelligent questions.
2. Have a copy of your resume handy during the interview. Bring extra copies. Have a notebook and pen handy. Jot down notes. Look prepared and be engaged…and engaging.
3. Have a list of questions about the position, the company, the team you will work with and the hiring manager’s expectations for the role, etc. Find out about their interview process.
4. A good rule of thumb is to have your interview wardrobe on stand by…is your suit dry cleaned? Shoes polished? Shirt ironed? Be prepared for a last minute request to have a face to face meeting.
5. If you are getting a call that usually means that your resume says you are qualified…so the next step is more personal. Your best strategy is to make a personal connection with the recruiter or hiring manager. If the company views your resume as a match for their needs AND they like you that increases your chances to continue moving forward in the interview process.
As submitted by L. Gabriel – Recruiter and Life Coach