So much to learn and so much to discover.
Five Things You Should Know About Giraffes
1) Males are darker in color than females.
2) Babies are born at about one hundred and fifty pounds and six feet tall. They also fall six feet to the ground at birth.
3) Giraffes can run up to thirty five miles per hour.
4) Adult male giraffes are eighteen feet tall and females fifteen feet.
5) A giraffe’s tongue in length in inches is how tall the giraffe is in feet.
Bonus: Giraffes are only vulnerable when drinking water.
As submitted by H. “Cleopatra” Montgomery – French and Sign Linguist and Lover of All Things Giraffe