Five Things Every Couple Should Know Before Becoming Engaged
1) Know that both of you are passionate followers of Jesus Christ. Be responsible for your personal spiritual growth. Be involved in a good church.
2) Know couples whose marriage you admire, sit down with them and find out what makes their marriage work.
3) Know how to handle your finances. Take a financial course such as Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey.
4) Know what love really looks like. (I Corinthians 13) Love is a decision not a feeling.
5) Know that you will need to learn to be forgiving, and to ask for forgiveness. Practice saying, “I’m sorry.” You will be using this a lot in your relationship.
As submitted by Reverend Stan Berrong, Senior Pastor, Glen Haven Baptist Church